World Energy Conservation Day is a day to focus on energy conservation and raise global awareness about climate change that results from using fossil fuels such as oil, coal, and natural gas. This day is celebrated each year on 14 December to bring awareness to the overconsumption of energy throughout the world. Many people in 2021 still don’t realise that the ways we use energy every day contribute to greenhouse gas emissions, which are gases like carbon dioxide or methane released from burning fossil fuels that trap heat within our atmosphere, creating an overall warming effect on Earth’s surface.
The United Nations (UN) states that if we continue at our current rate, by 2040, we will be using twice as much oil and gas as what remains available for us to use! They also state that 80% of all electricity used in buildings is wasted because there are no efficient ways to control temperature, and lighting.
If everyone starts working together and start conserving energy now, then maybe we can prevent a future catastrophe from occurring. ’We’ll provide tips that anyone can apply in their everyday lives today! Let’s see how you can help save our environment in small, easy ways. Not only will you have conserved energy, but this might just help you save some money too!
HOW TO CONSERVE ENERGY AT HOME?
· Turn off lights when you leave a room.
· Unplug appliances when not in use.
· Turn off your geyser when away.
· Cover your geyser with insulation.
· Set your pool pump to operate for shorter periods.
· Replace all your bulbs with LEDs.
· Purchase energy-efficient appliances.
· Try and use less hot water in general.
· Wear clothes more than once before washing them if possible.
· Wash full loads when using the washing machine and dishwasher.
· Dry your clothes in the sun instead of using the tumble dryer.
· Walk or bike instead of driving whenever possible.
On behalf of Gajera Vidyabhavan, educators organized a nukkad drama on save energy at Sachin Housing. To spread awareness among the people of the society and Students gave the flash card about save energy and this nukkad drama was performed by the students of Gajera school all teachers took the initiative of this program. Through ,this nukkad drama , people came to know about the conservation of energy which is necessary for the people to have proper information about it. Outsiders appreciated the students for their nukkad drama.